Little owl is a sewing pattern to sew a lovely handmade stuffed creature!
Skill Level – Beginner
– needle & thread or sewing machine
– POP print on paper Owl fat quarter (21″ x 18″) available here!
– Cut the pattern. You will have 1 front, 1 back, 2 exterior brown wings, 2 interior polka dots wings, 2 exterior black feet, 2 interior polka dots feet, 1 top side, 1 bottom side.
– Sew feet, place the two pieces, black and polka dots, right sides together. you’ll be sewing 1/4 inch from the edge. Leave the top edge open so you can turn the right sides out. Leave aside.
– Sew wings, same as feet. Leave aside.
– Sew Front and Top side right sides together, use the sewing notches to align. Sew top center through sides in both directions. Go slowly because sewing the “ears” is a little tricky. Stop sewing 2 inches before the wing orange notch.
– Sew Front and Bottom Side right sides together, use the sewing notches to align. Insert feet and sew on place using the black notches as guide. Sew bottom center through sides in both directions. Stop 2 inches before the wing orange notch.
– Measure the length and insert the wing sewing it in place. Sew bottom side, wing, top side sandwich. Sew the gaps between Front and sides.
– Sew Front+Sides and Back right sides together, use the sewing notches to align. Leave the bottom black feet notches open and turn it right side out. Fill with polyfill and sew the gap by hand using invisible stitches.
– The Owl is ready to play! The finished size will be 9 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches – 24 x 22 cm.